Water is becoming an ever more scarce resource. There is a clear need across the European Union to raise awareness about the urgency to improve water management both on a societal collective level and on the level of each citizen.
This call aims to unite the digital with the arts in order to promote a European policy vision on the future of water and to help raise societal awareness on water use. Artistic residencies in companies will help inducing a change of mind-set and novel ideas regarding the preservation of water resources. Consortia will propose concrete ideas at the nexus of art, digital, and water that will lead to a sustainable set of actions and a burgeoning community. Links to existing initiatives like STARTS and Digital Innovation Hubs are encouraged.
The following types of activities are eligible under this call for proposals:
- Events and art exhibition;
- Networking activities;
- Funding of experiments including art installations or similar
- Residencies of artists in technology and water institutions: fees, travel and daily allowance covering all needs;
- Financial support to third parties (see point 11.8. d)) to support artists in residence.
- Educational workshops
The suggested project’s duration is between 18 months and 22 months.
Proposals may be submitted by any of the following applicants or combinations of:
- non-profit organisation (private or public)
- public authorities (national, regional, local)
- educational institutions
- research/technology and art centres
- profit making entities
- international organisations
Natural persons are not eligible to apply for a grant under this call for proposals.
Only applications from legal entities established in EU Member States are eligible.