Paradise Air has held the Longstay Program under various themes and with different application requirements. The 10th edition of the program – under the theme ‘Puzzling Poly+Semy’ – is open to all people of all nationalities working in the arts field.
The application will take place in two phases, with a shortlist of finalists invited to create a ‘video letter’ in early 2023 and final selected artists invited for a residency of 70-90 days in Matsudo, Japan.
Selected finalists will receive a grant of ¥30,000 per group to support the production of their video letter.
Artists in residence receive:
- Accommodation (Paradise Air).
- Transportation for one round trip from the artist’s place of residence to Matsudo (while transportation for artists living in Japan is not limited to one round trip, a maximum limit applies for total transportation costs).
- ¥200,000 for production costs per group.
- Per diem: ¥3000 x number of days of residence, per group (cash).
- Costs associated with equipment and transportation of artwork.
- Arrangement of venues for the presentation of work and coordination of events.
- Local support for daily life and production of work.
- Arrangement of transportation to Matsudo and supply. information on current regulations for entering the country.
- Costs associated with publicity.
Deadline: 6 January 2023