In 2020, arteventura took an important step forward and established the arteventura Foundation. Our mission is to support artists by giving them time and space to realize new projects.
Thanks to the “friends of arteventura”, we can invite artist to live and work in this magical place, where artists wander and get inspired. Where they are engaged in research and development. Where the emphasis is more on the trajectory then on the results, what gives the artist full freedom to explore new possibilities.
We welcome the first 3 artists in December 2020. The foundation is brand new and still growing. Depending on how many donations we receive, we will extend the funded residences. Info will be placed on the website.
- Artists can stay in all freedom at arteventura. They don’t have to submit a project, nor has the residence to yield results.
- arteventura does everything possible to support the artist during his stay. To get an idea of your personal work and your expectations of the residency we ask to send in a portfolio and a brief motivation letter, explaining why he/she wants to stay at arteventura.
- Artists can apply individual or as a duo. If you are applying as a duo, both artists have to fill in the application and mention the name of their partner.
- arteventura asks the artist to leave 1 piece of work, however, this is no obligation.
- Applications are open until the 20th of September and selected artists will be notified before the 15th of October.
- A 25 euro application fee is required. This fee will be used to grant administration and program development.
- Artists who are selected and already booked a residency in 2021 can cancel it for free.
- We require a deposit of 100 euros before the start of your residency which will be refunded on the last day of your residence.
Duration and dates of residency
1st of December 2020 – 21th of December 2020
International artists will be selected by a committee made up of arteventura Foundation and a select group of artists. Applications are evaluated by the quality of the work, the potential capacity to grow and their relationship to the arteventura project.
- Selfcatering apartment
- Communal atelier
The finca covers an area of 25 ha of century old oaks which our visiting artists can fully enjoy at any time. In the front part of the finca we converted an old ruin into a 300m2 communal studio with an indoor and outdoor workspace. The inner part of the studio can be divided into separate sections with mobile panels. A workbench with accessories is available in the outdoor part.
Basic materials are available in the studio. In case you need anything there is a good specialized shop in Sevilla, where you can order materials online. It is also possible to buy some drawing materials (cheap, no brand) in a local supermarket in the village. We can help you with your special requests and are in touch with several local craftsmen mainly working with metal, wood and cork. Don’t hesitate to inform us of your less common requests, in most cases we will be able to help you before your arrival. Our studio assistant will help you when needed (e.g. installations…).
Each resident has its own selfcatering apartment. There are 2 individual apartments of 40 m2 dispersed along the finca. They are set up as a flexible working area and it only takes a short hike to get to the studiospace. Each apartment has a terras with view, a kitchen, a bathroom and 2 single fold up beds. These apartments are only suitable for 1 artist. Adjacent to the studiospace, you can find an apartment with 2 separate bedrooms (each bedroom consists of 2 single beds), 2 bathrooms, a big kitchen and a terrace. The 2 bedroom apartment can be used by a single artist (1 bedroom + 1 workspace), or by a duo (2 bedrooms) that wants to work on a joint project.Artists who apply individual will never share their apartment with other artists. Only a duo or a group will share the 2 bedroom apartment.We aim at having a maximum of 4 artists in residence at any given moment in time.