The European Union is accepting application for the 2023 New European Bauhaus (NEB) Prizes. Awards will be given to young talents’ ideas as well as to existing projects connected to the values of the NEB movement: sustainability, inclusiveness and aesthetics.
Prizes will be awarded to projects and ideas that contribute to beautiful, sustainable and inclusive places, in four categories:
- Reconnecting with nature.
- Regaining a sense of belonging.
- Prioritising the places and people that need it the most.
- The need for long-term, life-cycle thinking in the industrial ecosystem.
In each of the categories there are three parallel competition strands:
- Strand A: ‘New European Bauhaus Champions’, devoted to existing and completed projects with clear and positive results. Prizes of 30,000 EUR for winning projects.
- Strand B: ‘New European Bauhaus Rising Stars’, dedicated to concepts submitted by young talents aged 30 or less. The concepts can be at different stages of development, from ideas with a clear plan to the prototype level. Prizes of 15,000 EUR for winning projects.
- Strand C: ‘New European Bauhaus Education Champions’, devoted to initiatives focusing on education and learning. Both completed projects, as well as initiatives with a minimum level of maturity are eligible. Prizes of 30,000 EUR for winning projects.
Applicants of all nationalities and backgrounds are welcome, as long as their concepts, projects and initiatives are implemented in the EU or in the Western Balkans.
Deadline: 31 January 2023