Inter Arts Center (IAC) is happy to announce its first Immersive Call in collaboration with KØS – Museum of Art in Public Spaces in Denmark.
This specific call is part of a broader collaboration between IAC and KØS on a three year research and exhibition project called Sites, sounds and screens – new approaches to sites, locality and technology in public art. Read more about the project here.
We encourage artists whose practice evolve around public space, extended reality, world building and/or immersive technologies to apply for this open call with new bold projects or adaptions of existing works. We are interested in the inherent contradiction of the term public immersion, and in addition to this in the overall question that Sites, sounds and screens raises about immersive technologies:
How do these technologies change the way we conceive, experience and engage with sites and locations? As artists and audience? Can we reconfigure or negotiate the dominating site-specific approaches through new technologies?
What we can offer:
· an artist grant of 3000 EUR, travel and accommodation, a basic production budget in line with the proposed project
· a long-term residency in a dynamic environment for artistic development and experimentation with the opportunity for both qualified audiences, meetings, discussions and feedback sessions at IAC
· technical resources (equipment and assistance), but also guidance in e.g. Unity (game engine), various tools for 3D graphics, ambisonics and arduino etc.
· a highly professional discursive context and framework for investigating new artistic approaches to art, technology and public space
· possibilities of presenting a work-in-progress or the finished project at IACs Immersive Days gathering, November 2022, and/or at the concluding exhibition and symposium at KØS in 2024
For questions about the open call or the project ‘Sites, sounds and screens’ in general, please contact either Christian Skovbjerg Jensen (curator & director at IAC) on firstname.lastname@example.org or Ulrikke Neergaard (director at KØS) on email@example.com.
Photo: Rimini Protokoll, Copenhagen 2018, KØS Museum of Art in Public Spaces