Better Factory has an open call for Artists, Manufacturers and Tech Suppliers. This enables you to enter new markets with customisable, personalised products or service portfolios. The idea is to spur new innovations together, on the path to digital transformation. Consortia can receive up to 200.000 euros of equity-free funding. This call is a great opportunity for artists who seek to expand their creative frontiers.
ABOUT BETTER FACTORY
Better Factory is a European innovation network that brings together key actors in art, technology and the innovation landscape. It is also one of the three new STARTS Digital Innovation Hubs. GLUON is one of the consortium partners within the network. We will mentor Artists that are accepted for the collaborations. Better Factory aims to deliver a standardized solution for Small and Medium-sized Manufacturers (SMEs) to invent and manufacture new and personalized products and create services around them. With the open call, the network invites three groups to apply for the call: Manufacturing SMEs, Artists and Tech Suppliers.
Apply now for a change to enter one of the consortia which will:
- Explore new markets using digital technologies
- Test & develop new Lean-Agile production technologies with RAMP
- Access training to re-skill staff
- Get business support and mentoring
- Receive up to EUR 200,000 equity-free funding
HOW DOES IT WORK?
After a matchmaking process, the Manufacturing SMEs, Artists, and Tech Suppliers will be able to apply to the 1st Better Factory Open Call for Knowledge Transfer Experiments (KTE). Joint proposals from consortia composed of 1 Manufacturing SME, 1 Artist, and 1 Tech Supplier will be welcomed. Consortia not having followed the matchmaking process will be eligible too. During the 4-year lifetime of the project, 2 Open Calls will be launched. A total of 8 KTEs will be selected for funding per Open Call.
UNTIL WHEN IS THE CALL FOR APPLICATIONS?
The call is open for applications for Artists, Manufacturers and Tech Suppliers is until the 18th of March 2021.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Manufacturing SMEs and Mid-Caps looking to digitally transform their companies, see more details here and submit your Expression of Interest.
- Artists willing to test their creativity with Manufacturing SMEs/Mid-caps, see more details here and submit your application.
- Tech Suppliers interested in learning, testing and developing Lean-Agile production technologies with Manufacturing SMEs/Mid-caps and Artists, see more details here and submit your application.
KTEs will prioritise the following sectors:
- Plastic and Rubber
- Furniture and Wood
- Food and Agriculture
- Metal and Machinery
- Textile and Leather
Eager to find out more?Go to better-factory.com or join the Better Factory webinar on Monday the 15th of February 2021 10:00 — 13:00. In the webinar, we will give more information on the three individual calls for Manufacturing SMEs, Artists and Tech Suppliers.