Are you brooding on an idea that contributes to a strong, fair and sustainable arts field? Let’s hear what you have to say!
Working honestly and with care, internationalising sustainably, using digital media, and embracing diversity. The Arts face immense challenges, especially at this time of a global pandemic. In 2021, Flanders Arts Institute will support the elaboration of ideas around these crucial challenges.
A Fair New World?! is a project of Flanders Arts Institute. It bundles and connects today’s major challenges with research into the impact of the corona crisis.
No matter how difficult the times, we need answers. Flanders Arts Institute would like to devise and test new ideas together with the sector. Through four open calls for proposals around an equal number of issues, we will be providing 12,000 euros to artists, art workers, collectives and/or organisations that wish to further develop an idea. We are thinking, for example, of new forms of work and organisation, partnerships or tools.
Every two months we will be launching an open call for proposals around a particular issue.
- Send us your idea after the launch in the form of a text and/or video.
- The text must be no longer than one A4, the video no longer than 10 min.
- The text’s and your name will appear on our platform (www.afairnewidea.be)
- All submissions will be read or viewed by a jury, whose composition will vary per call.
Per call, a jury will choose a maximum of seven ideas. The applicants of these seven ideas will be invited to further develop their plan. Flanders Arts Institute will offer support in working out an implementation plan and budget.
In the second and final round, the jury will select one idea from these 7 proposals for further development. The selected idea will receive a budget of € 12,000.
- Flanders Arts Institute will support the idea in the form of financial management and/or providing a sounding board for the implementation plan or contacts.
- In return, we ask that the applicant keep us informed of the progress of the initiative (conversations, interviews, texts, video …) and that we be allowed to share the insights it yields with the sector.