Verein K is happy to launch the call for the residency programme Visiting Curators Vienna 2023. For its fifth edition, four international mid-career curators will be chosen based on the quality of their work and the quality and relevance of the exhibition project(s) they submit.
The selected curators will get a chance to spend ten days in Vienna, from 13-22 November 2023. Verein K will advise the candidates before and during their stay as well as organise and facilitate meetings with artists and other representatives of the contemporary art scene, with the aim of helping them to establish long-term contacts in Austria.
The programme is looking for curators who:
- Have curated exhibitions in museums and/or other art institutions.
- Will realise an exhibition in the upcoming two years outside of Austria including one or several artist(s) based in Austria.
Verein K offers:
- Help in selecting artists, curators and institutions relevant to your proposed project(s).
- Help in arranging meetings and visits according to your interests: visits of artistsʼ studios, off spaces, art collections, and guided tours of selected exhibitions.
- Coverage of accommodation and travel costs, per diems.
Deadline: 12 July 2023