VONK is looking for:
VONK is looking for artists who work on the border between visual art and performance. Are you a visual artist making the crossover to the performing arts or are you a performance artist who works very visual? And are you looking for a workspace? Then this open call might interest you.
- Free workspace for development, experiment and creation, which ultimately leads to a public presentation.
- A compensation for travel costs and (if needed) a place to sleep.
- Support that can range from broadening your network to artistic reflection, input from a dramaturg and/or financial support.
Once the artist has a finished product, we can look at different possibilities to present it. This within the VONK infrastructure, in the public space, or at one of the VONK partners.
Location: The place of residency is VONK_hasselt, Kempische Kaai 85, 3500 Hasselt.
How to apply:
- Website or online documentation material
- Artist statement (max. half A4)
- Motivation (max. half A4)
- Project info (max. 1 A4)
- Your preferred residency periode (for example: 4 days/week from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm for 3 weeks in September 2021) – residency periods can go from 1 week to maximum 2 months.
Your application should be written in English. Bundle everything 1 pdf and save it under the title: surname.firstname.residencyprogram. Email it before December 1st 2021, 23h59 to firstname.lastname@example.org AND to email@example.com with the subject title surname.firstname.residencyprogram.
Deadline: December 1th 2021 before 23h59
The selection will be made by an external jury.
Please note that the studio is not technically equipped. We are looking for artists and projects who can present in atypical places where context is more important than technology.