(Call in het ENGELS)
In the context of PhotoBrussels Festival 06 (21 January – 26 March 2022), Hangar launches a Prize for photographers from Europe, on the theme “In the Shadow of Trees”. This call is open for an original and unpublished project elevating our consciousness of the importance of the tree and forests in our landscape and their cultural, mystical, and ecological significance. Laureates will be exhibited at Hangar during PhotoBrussels Festival 06, along with a curated selection of photo artists.
Conditions for participation
– being a European resident ;
– being over the age of majority (18+);
– being a photographer or an artist using photography (and/or video);
– who should demonstrate at least ONE of these three possibilities:
• a track record of professional practice as an artist (exhibitions, publications)
• having a degree in Photography
• being an art school trainee
– Laureates will be part of the main exhibition of PhotoBrussels Festival 06, at Hangar.
– Laureates will have their work published in the exhibition catalogue;
– Production cost of the works included in the exhibition will be covered;
– A Leica camera (Leica Q2) will be offered for the “Coup de Coeur Leica”.
Members of the jury
An experienced international jury of 5 to 7 experts in the field of photography will select 3 projects/series from all entries. The selected projects will be part of the main exhibition of PhotoBrussels Festival, at Hangar.
The project must…
– be photographic, videographic or both: all photographic work is taken into account, regardless of the genre or technique chosen by the photographers. The project can explore the limits of the medium.
– have a relevant concept story/statement
– respect the theme (see above)
The novelty of the projects will be a criteria taken into account in the final decision.
The jury will select 3 laureates.
Launch of the Prize
1st September 2021
Registration & submission deadline
20 October 2021
Announcement of the laureates
10 November 2021
Curatorial and scenographic decisions + Production
Exhibition (during PhotoBrussels Festival 06)
21 January – 26 March 2022
How to apply?
Registration and submission
Between 1st September and 20 October 2021, at 23:59.
1) Fill the form.
2) Upload one single PDF document (that must not exceed 10Mo compressed), named as followed: FirstName_Surname_ProjectTitle.pdf (e.g. John_Smith_Forest.pdf). This file must contain:
• a brief presentation of the project/ a statement, in English (maximum 500 words).
• a brief biography in English (maximum 300 words);
• a rights-free photographic portrait of yourself;
• a representative portfolio of your project, consisting of 10 (minimum) to 20 photos, with their title/caption (min 72 dpi), and/or a video (if your project contains a video, please attach a WeTransfer link in the form).
3) Pay the registration fee of 20€ to confirm your submission.
If you have questions, you can contact: email@example.com
More info & apply: https://www.hangar.art/prize-06