You are a visual artist, author, poet, videographer, performer, living outside Belgium and you wish to experiment in your research and share it in an inspiring house, with modernist architecture from the 20s, send us your project!
The Fondation Thalie provides a writing workspace with the opportunity for a public presentation within the programme in the form of a reading, workshop, projection or performance. The restitution will be subject to an additional budget.
– A single room, shared kitchen and bathroom as well as a 45m2 shared work space
– The round trip from the residence of the residents is supported by the Foundation
– A 900€ grant for a full month of residency
– The library and the Foundation’s areas are available during the day
– Duration of the residency: 1 month
This open call is for artists (already represented by a gallery) and writers (having already been published) without age limit or nationality. A jury chaired by Nathalie Guiot will select the laureates.
Calendar Deadline to apply: Thursday, October 15, 2020
Announcement of winners: December 2020
Residence session: February to June 2021 (please give your preferences)
The Fondation Thalie is a committed philanthropic project, which aims to support contemporary creation as a lever for action, exchange and transmission. Based in Brussels, the Foundation sets up a multidisciplinary program which combines visual arts, performance and literature. It welcomes an audience of passionate amateurs but also professionals and students.