APAP’s Young Performers Career Advancement (YPCA) program helps classical musicians in the formative stages of their careers receive invaluable advice from industry professionals, develop strategies for communicating with presenters, managers, audiences, and other artists, and learn to set long-term, professional goals.
The YPCA program consists of online professional development seminars that will take place between October 3-14, 2022, one-on-one coaching, and the opportunity to fully participate in the annual APAP conference between January 13-17, 2023, including a showcase performance at Carnegie Hall on January 16, 2023.
Participants in the YPCA program will:
- Receive a complimentary full conference registration to APAP|NYC+ 2023
- Get a practical overview of the presenting and touring industry and expert instruction in audience engagement
- Learn to set long-term career goals, including developing your vision and identity
- Develop strategies for communicating with presenters, managers, audiences and other artists
- Gain networking resources that last an entire career
- Perform at Carnegie Hall in the only APAP-produced showcase at APAP|NYC+ 2023
How to Apply?
APAP membership is not required in order to apply to the YPCA program, but artists must have representation (agent, manager, personal representative or an equivalent support structure) in order to participate. If an artist is selected, the artist’s representative must be or must become an APAP member and must also register to attend the APAP|NYC+ 2023 conference to represent the YPCA artist/ensemble.
YPCA artists will perform in APAP’s only self-produced showcase in front of global arts leaders, performing arts presenters, managers, record company representatives, and agents. This event marks the 27th anniversary of the YPCA program.
For consideration, applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. (EDT) on Monday July 25, 2022.
Questions? Contact Willie Santiago.
You will be unable to edit your application after submission. For that reason, it is highly encouraged that you review the application preview prior to proceeding with this form.