Immersive Mobile Konsthall (iM KONSTHALL) – a project in the making developed by Northern Sustainable Futures (NSF) – is calling for artists working in immersive technology to create new work for a touring mobile gallery.
Residencies are of one-month duration at Moskosel Creative Lab. Each artist is invited to apply to develop innovative work that will be designed specifically for the mobile gallery space. The gallery will tour Norrbotten connecting with the general public.
The work needs to consider the themes of ‘re-start’ and ‘re-adapt’ and be immersive in nature.
NSF see ‘re-start’ and ‘re-adapt’ as definitions concerned with how artists approach creating art work for a post Covid reality. Some of the questions we might ask are how might artists address these terms, how might we adapt to this new reality we find ourselves in, how might we work across different disciplines and how do we adapt artworks to become more inclusive entities using new technology. iM KONSTHALL avoids geographical boundaries by bringing the gallery to the audience.
NSF are prioritising artists experienced in digital technologies. iM Konsthall is a long-term project so the organisers are keen to hear from artists moving into this sphere that might have something innovative and new to offer for future possibilities.
Applications are evaluated by selected professionals in the fields of digital technologies.
For each residency NSF is offering:
- Freelance artists fee 35,000 SEK (~3270 EUR).
- 1 month residency at Moskosel Creative Lab; including accommodation and workshop space.
- Access to a professional mentor.
- Group exhibition touring North of Sweden and part of iM KONSTHALL archive.
- Use of Moskosel’s equipment: iM KONSTHALL gallery, VR headsets (Oculus quest 2), drone, projector, speakers, and/or other agreed equipment.
Deadline: 15 October 2022