The Pina Bausch Fellowship for Dance and Choreography is an international grant programme by the Pina Bausch Foundation and the Kunststiftung NRW.
In 2022, the Pina Bausch Fellowship will support face-to-face encounters again. Recognizing the opportunities that digital formats offer, the Fellowship will support a broader range of formats next to international, on-site fellowships, such as local and virtual cooperations as well as hybrid formats.
By offering a variety of cooperation formats, the Fellowship adapts to applicants’ individual needs and interests. It provides freedom in designing fitting cooperation formats that help them develop their unique artistic signature.
How to apply?
The application period for the 2022 fellowship runs from the 1st of February to the 31st of March 2022.
The online application requires:
- Letter of motivation (max. 1000 characters incl. blanks in English)
- A brief statement on the planned fellowship (max. 500 characters incl. blanks in English)
- CV in tabular form (max. 1000 characters incl. blanks in English) and a portrait
- Information on the intended time period and duration of the fellowship
- Letter of intent by the cooperation partner (e.g. an ensemble, a renowned person or institution from the field of dance or choreography, in English)
- 1 video (length max. 5 min)
Please note that the video material must be made available online, e.g. via a password-protected upload in a video portal. In the application form you can provide respective links and, if necessary, passwords. For technical reasons, please do not submit videos via WeTransfer, YouTube or Dailymotion. Videos whose links do not work can not be considered.