Archa Theatre’s International Summer School is a platform for experimentation and investigation in the field of documentary theatre. The summer school offers artists coming from all around the world a two-week period of free experiementation using the tools of documentary theatre. Language of the school is English.
• Creative international environment
• Archa Theatre premises for your work & technical equipment for creation
• Artistic direction & experience of internationally acclaimed artists
• Professional mentoring
The principles of the education
• Instruction based on shared experience
• Respect for each participant as an independent creative personality
• Jana Svobodová: Textual sources and the Viewpoints technique in documentary theatre
• Pavel Kotlík: Light as a space for action
• Ladislav Štěrba & Jan Sedláček: Sound design for stage
• Martin Krupa: Moving image for stage
• Lise Grimelund-Kjelsen: Finding your textual material
• Merve Mutafoğlu: Socially engaged theatre in Turkey
• Ondřej Hrab: Theatre and sociology & Historical roots of social-specific theatre
Recordings of internationally acclaimed examples of documentary theatre will be shown, followed by a discussion led by Jana Svobodova and Ondrej Hrab.
In the second part of the program, participants create a small performance, which will be presented to the general audience.
Come create your unique performance together with colleagues from all around the world and present it at the premiere on 07.09.2023 at the Archa Theatre!
How to apply?
Please submit a motivation letter and a CV with a photo to the e-mail address stated below. You can also include visual materials showing your work to date.
Applications must be completed until 15 May 2023. There is a limited capacity for participation.
Tuition fee: 700€
In exceptional cases, participants can request discount on the tuition.