Fukuoka Asian Art Museum is calling for artists to participate in its artist in residence programme 2022. 4-6 artists or groups will be invited for a residency of maximum of 90 days between September and December 2022 or for a maximum of 60 days between January and March 2023.
The programme aims to provide artists with various opportunities to create and exhibit artworks in Fukuoka, so that they encourage each other to achieve their full potential in the world from the staging of Fukuoka city. It also tries to deepen citizens’ understanding of contemporary art and different cultures and to improve the quality of local culture by promoting art exchange with the citizenry.
Support from FAAM:
- Round-trip airfare from the international airport nearest to the artist’s home to Fukuoka International Airport.
- Accommodation fee of a room booked by FAAM.
- Living expenses in the amount set by FAAM.
- Expenses required for art-making and art exchange programme, including material costs and other relating expenses approved by FAAM.
- Exhibition cost, including printing cost of flyer/leaflet and publication, and installation cost.
- Travel insurance.
Japanese nationals living overseas are not eligible.
How to apply?
Deadline: 31 May 2022
More info & apply