MUSE is a digital art award that brings together creative minds with the latest technology to shape innovative solutions to today’s biggest ecological challenges.
The award’s exhibition is powered by Philips Tableaux, a display from PPDS using advanced colour ePaper technology to allow a power-free exhibition of the digital artworks. Participating artists in this premiere edition will hence be the first in history to create artwork for a power-free display, and the finalists will be the first artists ever to take part in a zero-consumption digital art exhibition.
MUSE awards contemporary artists who imagine a better future for the world of tomorrow and inspire us in our transformational journey as individuals, communities, and organisations. For the award’s first edition, visuals artists are invited to reflect on one of today’s biggest ecological challenges – the energy for tomorrow.
The initiative has received the patronage from MNAD (National Museum of Digital Art), an autonomous museum established by the Italian Minister of Culture with the aim of uniting generations and communicating through art the possibility of becoming digitally aware citizens.
- The winner of the Award will receive €3,000 and one Philips Tableaux display.
- The winner of the Student Special Mention will receive one Philips Tableaux display.
- The winner of the Public Special Mention will receive one Philips Tableaux display.
- The 20 finalists’ artwork will be showcased in the final exhibition, to be held in Milan in November 2023.
MUSE is curated by Julia Rajacic.
The jury members are:
- Ilaria Bonacosta: Director of MNAD, National Museum of Digital Art in Italy
- Domenico Quaranta: New media and digital art critic and Professor at Accademia Belle Arti Brera
- Gabriela Galati: Professor of Media Art Theory at NABA and specialist of Technology and Ecology in the art
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICATION:
- The application is completely free of charge.
- The application is open to two categories, ‘Professional Artist’ and ‘Student’.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age minimum at the time of submission.
For the Professional Artist category, the application is open to artists from around the world who can demonstrate participation at a minimum of four exhibitions (solo or group show).
For the Student category, the application is open to students from an art or design school based in Italy, the country selected for the final exhibition of the Award’s 2023 edition.
DEADLINE: 20 October 2023
ACCEPTED MEDIA: Digital art