In the spring of 2023, Art Hub Copenhagen is inviting three artists to be artists-in-residence at our premises in Copenhagen. Applications are now being accepted for the Art Hub Residency spring 2023. The deadline for applications is 31 October 2022. Below, you can read more about the programme and the criteria for selection as well as the application procedure.
About Art Hub Residency
As an institution, Art Hub Copenhagen aims to create networks. The residency actively aims to create and expand the artists’ networks both nationally and internationally. Focusing on networking, contemplation, and production, Art Hub Residency features a studio, a monthly fee, a production budget, and a programme of development and feedback based on the needs of each artist. The programme features meetings with selected curators/mentors and a programme of visits to selected art institutions in Denmark. As well as the importance of networking, Art Hub Residency provides artists with time for contemplation and/or production. There is no requirement to produce work during the residency the time can thus be tailored to suit the process of each artist. It might involve research and studies, trying out ideas, or actual production. There is also the option of a short stay at the Danish Art Workshops.
Art Hub Residency is both for recently graduated artists and other artists, for whom the residency programme could make a difference in terms of establishing and expanding their practice nationally and internationally. The residency lasts for five months from February to June 2023.One of the requirements of the programme is that, during their residency, each artist must present their practice, research, work, or project to the public. The form of presentation is up to the artist. It could be a talk, a podcast, a video, a text, a viewing, a performance, or something completely different. We shape and organise the presentations in collaboration with each artist. It is also expected that the residents plan their stay in a way that allows them to spend most of their time at the premises in Copenhagen.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Graduated artists who are EU/EØS citizens or either in possession of a permanent residence permit or entitled in some other way to reside in Denmark for a period of five months. Both recent artist graduates and other artists, who could benefit from the programme, can apply.
We encourage everyone, regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, identity, and sexuality, to apply.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS
- For most of the residency period, we expect you to be present at Art Hub Copenhagen’s premises on Halmtorvet in Copenhagen. Any travel plans etc. during the period must be agreed on in advance.
- Together with the Art Hub Copenhagen team, you must plan and execute a presentation that conveys and communicates your work to the public.
- During the residency, you will attend monthly meetings with project manager Marie Braad Larsen.
- You will take part in a programme of visits to selected institutions throughout Denmark.
- As far as possible, you must take part in the presentation/public events of the other artists-in-residence.
- You must understand and accept that your residency will be featured on the Art Hub Copenhagen website and in our newsletter and social media.
WHAT THE PROGRAMME INCLUDES
- A studio in Art Hub’s premises on Halmtorvet in Copenhagen (due to their size, the studios are not suitable for large-scale production).
- A fee of DKK 15,000 per month (paid by Art hub Copenhagen to the individual artist).
- A production fee of DKK 20,000 (paid by Art hub Copenhagen to the individual artist).
- 2-4 meetings with relevant mentors (selected by the individual artist in consultation with Marie Braad Larsen).
- 2-4 meetings with relevant curators (selected by the individual artist in consultation Marie Braad Larsen).
- Continuous professional feedback and advice. This includes monthly meetings with Marie Braad Larsen.
- Presentation of the practice of the artists-in-residence on the Art Hub Copenhagen website and in the newsletter and social media.
- A presentation/public event.
- The option of a short stay at the Danish Art Workshops.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, complete this application form (right-click on the link and select ‘Open link in new tab’, then select download. The form is a Word file). Complete the form in English.
- Send the completed form together with a CV including contact information (max. 1 A4 page) and images, including short descriptions (max. 4 A4 pages), as a single PDF file of no more than 5 MB, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write ‘Art Hub Residency’ in the subject line.
- Application deadline: 31 October 2022 at midnight.
All applications will be reviewed by a jury of artistic professionals. In collaboration with Art Hub Copenhagen, they will select the final candidates for Art Hub Residency. Project manager Marie Braad Larsen will take care of the day-to-day running of Art Hub Residency and throughout the programme will also serve as a contact person for the artists-in-residence.
If you have any questions about the residency, please contact Marie at email@example.com.