Moving Identities is a residency program of 6 different European residency institutions: Udviklingsplatformen for Scenekunst (Copenhagen), VONK (Hasselt and Genk), Vaba Lava (Tallinn and Narva), Nau Ivanow (Barcelona), Hellerau (Dresden), Sõltumatu Tantsu Lava (Tallinn) and Davvi (Hammerfest). The program offers mentorship in topics of diversity, sustainable touring and development of an international career. Moving Identities is created with support from Creative Europe.
As one of the European venues, VONK Studios offers an opportunity for Belgium based artists to develop an artistic project idea through 3 paid residencies, 1 local and 2 international.
VONK is looking for an artistic duo or group of max. 5 established artists based in Belgium with a strong artistic vision and a concrete project proposal to start this years track. Please note: the countries, dates and venues are fixed in advance, so there are some practical conditions for participation.
Artists from Belgium:
- Local residency in Hasselt (VONK) —> 01_10.2023 – 14_10.2023
- First international residency in Tallinn (STL) —> 30_10.2023 – 12_11.2023
- Second international residency in Barcelona (Nau Ivanow) —> 15_04.2024 – 28_04.2024
The program offers:
- 4.000 € fee per artist for a total of 6 weeks + per diems
- Covered travel and insurance expenses and coordinates these together with you
- Guidance in the development of your artistic approach within the performing / live arts (could be research based, artistic activism, production etc.)
- Mentorship from experts in diversity, LGBTQIA+ representation, sustainability, and touring advice
- Connection with a hosting artist in each city to help networking with local artists and organizations
- A work-in-progress showing moment at the end of each residency to share your work in a suitable way
- Guidance in slow travel where possible
How to apply?
You can find more detailed information and the application form via the Moving Identities website —> https://www.movingidentities.eu/next-open-call
For applying you should have the following material ready:
- A resumé in .PDF
- A .PDF or link to a video in which you explain your artistic vision, and the project or research that you would like to work on and develop in this program (max. 1-2 .PDF pages / max. 2-6 minutes video)
If you have any questions or doubts regarding the residencies or your application, you can reach out to VONK’s residency coordinator —> firstname.lastname@example.org
Each venue will host an online 1-hour session, where artists interested in applying can ask questions and get more information —> For Belgium this will happen 18_04.2023 from 18:00 to 19:00 GMT+2 via this Zoom link