In 2021 Lafayette Anticipations continues its commitment to contemporary creation by renewing “À l’œuvre!”, a production residency for all creators.
Through a new call for projects, five applications will be selected for a two-month residency on the Fondation’s premises, enabling artists and creators to design, develop and produce a work or an edition, thanks to the provision of a grant of 1500 euros, a fleet of machines and the support of the institution’s team of professionals.
In 2020, for its first edition, the programme welcomed 8 artists and collectives, who were able to produce a wide variety of projects in the fields of fashion, design, scenography, sculpture, publishing, video and performance. Discover the laureates and the projects of the 2020 edition À l’œuvre ! ↻
Spread out in our building, the various machines allow to produce the works of the residents on the spot. In the basement of the Foundation are the wood and metal workshops, the painting booth, 3D acrylic and ceramic printing, laser engraving and cutting, as well as CNC milling and plotting. On the third floor, the publishing workshop is used for printing and assembling works. Riso printing is one of the specific features of the Fondation’s publishing practice. The workshop is also equipped for large-format and digital printing, creasing, assembly, paper cutting and glued square spine binding. These are all techniques and know-how that we are keen to put at the service of the works and artists.
- 5 applications will be selected for an 8-week residency; i.e. one artist will be hosted every two months for one year (excluding July and August).
- Duration: 8 weeks
- The support conditions for each project will be defined with the team during meetings prior to the residency.
- Complete application to be sent before 3 January 2021 midnight.
- Results communicated on January 25, 2021
- First residence: from 1 March 2021
- Access to the production and publishing workshops
- Support of the production team: Production Manager, Production Manager, Workshop Manager
- A grant of €1500
- A fee of 500€
- A single room in a flat located near Lafayette Anticipations (excluding Ile-de-France residents)
- Description of the proposed project (300 signs maximum + 3 images maximum)
- Full CV and portfolio (10 pages maximum)
- Application form to fill in (download PDF here)
- Name the complete folder “NAME_FIRST_NAME_ATELIER_2021”.
The file must be returned by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com.
For any further information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete files will not be processed.