The Open Studio’s Curators Programme will take place from Friday 31 August until Monday 3 September 2018 in several cities in Flanders, Belgium.
Open Studio’s is organised by Studio Start & NICC and takes places in Antwerp. During one whole day more than 200 professional visual artists open their studio for the public. For its fourth edition, Open Studio’s will also feature a curated OFF-programme with exhibitions, screenings and talks around the theme of ‘the artist and the city’.
The Open Studio’s Curators Programme takes Open Studio’s as a point of departure for a tailor-made programme for a small group of international curators, focussing on visits to artist studios and artist-run initiatives facilitated by ‘local guides’ as well as networking events.
The programme is organised by Flanders Arts Institute, Studio Start and NICC in collaboration with AIR Antwerp and Cas-co.
- Pauline Doutreluingne, independent curator, Berlin
- Kate Strain, director Grazer Kunstverein, Graz
- Hicham Bouzid, curator Think Tanger, Tanger
- Rosa De Graaf, associate curator Witte De With, Rotterdam (tbc)
- Sonia Fernandez Pan, curator and writer, Esnorquel, Barcelona/Berlin
- Ellen Greig, director Chisenhale Gallery, London (tbc)
- Jérôme Mayer, Les Brasseurs, Liège
- Yasmina Reggad, independent curator, London/Algiers