De Gaverprijs, organised by cc De Schakel, the Cultural Council and the Waregem Town Council, is a biennial competition for contemporary painting. This twentieth edition is considered the most prominent prize for painting in our country and provides a platform for artists to present their artistic relevance and unique visual language to a wide audience.
The following prizes will be awarded:
- the 2024 Gaverprijs laureate will receive a cash prize worth €5,000
- and will receive a solo exhibition in 2025 (elaborated in cooperation with cc De Schakel).
- The artist ranked second will receive a cash prize worth € 2,500.New: the public prize donated by Canvas Claessens* includes € 500 in painting materials
- All selected works will be exhibited from Saturday 13 January to Saturday 24 February 2024 at Be-Part (Gemeenteplein 10, 8790 Waregem).
The awarded works remain the property of the artists, with the exception of one work by the laureate, who agrees that one work designated by the jury from his or her entry will be handed over to the Town of Waregem free of charge. Works not collected within sixty days of the award will remain the unconditional property of the organisers.
* For the duration of the laureate exhibition, the public can cast their votes via an online environment.
How to participate?
Register for the preselection until 26/11.