We are excited to announce the launch of MINO Female Artist Mentorship, a program aimed at emerging multidisciplinary female artists in their first five years of practice.
During this 6 month program, 4 female artists are provided with the opportunity to deepen their artistic practice and,in particular, stimulate their personal and artistic growth by pairing them with an experienced artist mentor. Participants are also provided with a development budget and the opportunity to present their work and/or share their creative process to a wider audience.
Are you a multidisciplinary female artist interested in mentor support for your early practice? Then we are looking for you!
Apply here before 13th of September! More information about the program can be found here
We are looking for artists:
- At an early stage of their multidisciplinary artistic practice (< 5 years) are women with the motivation to grow.
- Based in Belgium
- Motivated, open and a positive attitude
- In need of an in-depth trajectory and you believe that exchange, feedback and mentoring will significantly contribute to the development of your artistic practice and intrapersonal skills
- Able to critically reflect on your artistic practice and able to situate yourself and your work
- In need of the (head)space to develop / deepen your artistic practice
This program offers:
- An established artist mentor that provides you with artistic and personal coaching during 6 months (October 23’ to March 24’)
- The opportunity to focus and reflect on your early career and practice, on your own terms.
- 24/7 access to our inspiring physical space to work, relax, experiment.
- 2 masterclasses on the business of art and goal-setting
- In-house support from MINO’s artistic team
- The option of a self-curated open studio exhibition and/or other form of process-oriented exchange with an audience
- A large (inter)national network in the cultural field and connecting to the creative community of MINO.
- A small development budget
We will select 4 highly motivated artists. You are required to attend all sessions in the period of 6 months. Also attendance at MINO’s workspace at least 1 day every 3 weeks for a check in with team MINO. This mentorship program is free for selected artists.
Interested? Apply now!
Send us your portfolio or clear documentation of your work that reflects your practice, you can choose the format you find fitting. Also a motivation statement in which you elaborate on your artistic vision, explain why you see yourself in the program and, if possible, a description of what you would want to learn during the mentoring. Only applications that are complete with portfolio, artistic vision and motivation will be considered.
We strongly encourage artists from underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply. Also autodidactic artists who are not (yet) linked to institutions.
Please send your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org
FINAL DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 24 September 2023, 12 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT FINAL SELECTION OF THE 4 PARTICIPANTS: 2 October 2023