For two days a month between January and April 2024, a dozen or so artists will discuss their respective practices, based on the sharing of a particular question that they raise in their work.
This will be done through the presentation of prototypes (a short artistic proposal that allows you to test an idea without becoming attached to it!) which will then be observed, worked on, dissected, loved and cherished by the whole group during feedback moments.
Constellations is also a laboratory for thinking together about performing art in the city, and attempting to sketch out the contours of the notions of public space and situated artistic practices.
For this year’s programme, the Cifas is inviting Anna Rispoli as the artist in dialogue (or, if you like, the North Star) to lend her perspective to the artists in the constellations and put their respective projects into perspective. Alongside the collective feedback sessions, she will be initiating a more cross-disciplinary dialogue based on her own artistic research. She will propose the notion of conflict and therefore also of the limit (of life, of the body, of systemic oppression) to explore the antagonistic, protesting and transforming dimension of public space and time; before also inviting in other notions such as: locality, attention, speculation, disruption, pleasure in activism, the collective and political dimension of affectivity, or performance as a tool of struggle.
In short, Constellations is a tool for:
- learning new methodologies in order to discover other possible ways of writing for your own artistic project
- giving and receiving feedback
- exploring and refining research questions specific to creation in public space
- discovering other artists questioning similar subjects, and share practices
- strengthening artistic solidarity in an artistic sector that is still very much based on competition
We’ll be testing ideas, meeting new practices, discussing issues linked to the challenges of creating in public spaces, and keeping warm!
For artists of all levels of experience who have a project in progress in performing art, in all disciplines, that questions the city and/or public space.
- Artist in dialogue: Anna Rispoli
- Facilitation: Flore Herman (facilitator, mediator, dramaturg)
- Language: French
- 15 Jan – 16 Jan 2024 -10h00-18h00
- 19 Feb – 20 Feb 2024 -10h00-18h00
- 18 Mar 1- 9 Mar 2024 -10h00-18h00
- 22 Apr – 24 Apr 2024 -10h00-18h00
- Mandatory participation
- Place: La Bellone, Rue de Flandre 46, 1000 Brussels
- Conditions: Défraiement de 40 euros par jour pour chacun·e des participant·es (contrats de volontariat).
Selection & deadline
Fill in the form and attach a CV and a letter or an audio or video message (1,500 characters spaces included or 5 mins max.) sharing your motivation for taking part in Constellations :
- Where are you in the development of your project?
- How can constellations help you?
- What are the issues that are driving you today and that you would like to share in relation to public space or the city?
Deadline : 21st November 2024 at 5:00 pm.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get into touch:
+32 472 84 85 74